If you’re needing to sell your home quickly, and preferably for cash, you already know that it can be a stressful and frustrating undertaking. But you can take at least a little comfort in knowing that you are definitely not alone. Especially in these difficult economic times, it’s common for people to find themselves in a position of having to dispose of a property fast, for a variety of reasons.
It could be because of a divorce or the death of a spouse, resulting in an inability to meet mortgage payments. Maybe you’re moving to another city, or needing to sell an unneeded home acquired through an inheritance, have a rental property you just don’t want to deal with anymore, or just need a lot of cash right away. The bottom line is, it needs to go.
9 tips to help you sell your property fast
- Accept the market. Remember, you need to sell quickly, and that means you’ll probably have to settle for less than you’d like.
- Stage your home. Although you don’t want to sink a lot of money into it, make it look as nice as possible. There’s a lot you can do with a little elbow grease, just cleaning up the yard and getting rid of clutter goes a long way.
- Make necessary repairs. Again, you might not want to invest a lot, but make any minor repairs you can, such as leaky faucets, holes in drywall, etc.
- Use all your marketing tools. Use the power of the Internet to list your home everywhere you can. There are plenty of non-realtor sites to list for free, like Craigslist or even Ebay. Put a sign in the yard, pin up flyers, and let every friend on your social media sites know you’re trying to sell.
- Use graphics in your marketing. These days people want to see pics and videos. Buy a decent camera and do a walkaround of your home both in still pictures and in video, and incorporate them into both your online and print listings.
- Sweeten the deal Offer to pay any homeowner’s association fees or closing costs, leave the furniture and appliances, or even offer a free vacation to the lucky buyer.
- Hold an open house. Invite the neighbors and their friends, and advertise it with all the resources you used to list your house.
- Use a realtor. Really, the best way to sell your home under any conditions is to hire a professional realtor. They know the market and the local area and can usually get you the best price, even in a hurry.
- Consider an investment group. A good choice if you really need to sell fast. Real estate investment groups can be found in every city, and they’ll offer you a reasonable price, though not what you might otherwise realize. They’ll typically buy as is, take care of the paperwork, and all you have to do is sign the on the dotted line and take the money.
There are plenty of ways to make your home attractive for a quick cash sale if you use a little imagination and are willing to do the work. Set your mind to it, get it done, and you’ll soon have this job behind you.